We're looking for a Brand Strategist to join our team
We are looking for a brand-obsessed Brand Strategy consultant to join our fast growing marketing-tech startup.
Do you know how to design strategies for the greatest brands in the world? Run workshops and strategy design sessions that engage all levels and deliver clear outcomes for all involved? Do you strive to add value with every engagement whilst driving commercial outcomes for all sides? You’ll have probably had similar roles at an agency or consultancy, relishing being the expert brought in to scope out the project or sharing your knowledge and opinion.
The Duel software is hugely powerful for brands, but it's useless without an excellent strategy. Your job will be to design Brand Advocacy strategies for cutting edge brands of all kinds, coming in mid way into the sales process to workshop with marketing teams to help them create a brand advocacy and organic growth strategy, then begin to scope out how the Duel platform can make these dreams a reality.
Working with some of the best brands in the UK, you’ll be helping brands tap into their own communities and unlock the power of advocacy. Alongside this, you will be assisting the Duel team in building out the foundations of our own community of advocates that believe in our view on how brands should be built through Brand Advocacy, community development and organic growth.
- Work closely with Brand Partners and our community to deliver effective consultation sessions, by working to understand their needs and ideas to build strategies and Advocacy Programs on the Duel Platform.
- Organise and deliver appropriate thought leadership pieces (video, written, audio) with support from the content team.
- Research community issues to understand and address the needs of different customer groups.
- Use knowledge learned through working with brands, work closely with the product team to help drive Duel and the product forward
- Spread the word about brand advocacy and help the team create the category
Founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador, Paul Archer, and viral games developer, Panaiotis Tsarouchis - Duel has developed both the technology and methodology to enable purpose-led brands to drive organic growth through word of mouth and advocacy.
The Duel software is a Brand Advocacy Platform that drives organic growth and retention for high passion brands. The platform scales management of the brand’s relationship with thousands of their advocates through Advocacy Programs that engage, retain and drive word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. Backed by top VCs and industry investors, Duel grew over 500% in 2020 and was featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, RAB, Kuhl, King of Shaves, Frugi and Mud Jeans and the team has consulted with over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
Our mission is to prove to the world that companies that care for people above profit generate more organic growth thanks to the advocacy of the people they care for. This means they are not only better for the planet and society, but they are also more profitable because organic growth is exponential (and free!) growth.
This role is aimed at innate brand builders - you’ll know that real brand building magic lives outside the realms of what can be measured. You’ll most likely have a great interest in understanding what makes great brands great, be an avid supporter of the brands you love and are probably looking for a new challenge or way to utilise your knowledge and passion.
You will use all of the knowledge and best practices learnt from your career, along with in-depth training to really understand a brand's needs to help them best understand how they can turn their passionate customers into a tool for organic growth.
- You’ll be an utterly lovely human being with a personable, warm and inviting personality - you work well in a team and people generally want to be around you
- Community and the relationships of its members are important to you
- You’ll know exactly what makes great brands, great, and you’ll fight to the death with anyone who disagrees with you
- You’ll probably think the majority of the marketing world is broken
- Solutions-oriented approach; ability to pivot conversations and recommend creative solutions on the fly
- You’ll have be happy to push back against people and customers, regardless of seniority
- Tech-savvy and comfortable picking up new interfaces on-the-fly
- Excellent communication skills: proven ability to articulate ideas and concepts in written form, presentation form in both pre-planned and ad-hoc scenarios
- A creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table
- Very curious and aware, you follow interesting people & projects, and use them to inspire you
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- 3 years+ working in marketing likely for an agency or consultancy
- Strong experience working as a brand strategist,
- Solid workshop experience, either via zoom or IRL
- Proven interest and experience in brand building and marketing
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours and home working options - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- 28 days holiday. If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - we lived on Google Hangouts long before then lockdowns.
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, cycle to work scheme
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
We want to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about - in a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)
***Duel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know some folk tend to only apply for jobs when they meet all the criteria (Ladies, we’re looking at you) - if you think you might be able to do this role (or even grow into it), ping us your CV as we often pool CVs for other roles. Remember, if Kanye can think he’s qualified for the job of president of the United States, you’re probably going to be just fine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.***