We're looking for a Junior Brand Marketing Enthusiast to join our team
We are looking for a Junior Brand Marketing Enthusiast to join our fast-growing marketing-tech startup.
This role is aimed at innate brand builders with a passion for building brand stories from the ground up. You will probably have had experience in brand marketing for a brand or retailer, and are looking for a new way to utilise your skills and experience. You’ll most likely have a great interest in understanding what makes great brands great, be an avid supporter of the brands you love and innately understand how to articulate a brand story.
Duel has developed both the technology and methodology to enable purpose-led brands to drive organic growth through word of mouth and advocacy.
Duel is demystifying word-of-mouth marketing and breaking a brand’s reliance on digital advertising and other short-form marketing practices to deliver organic growth at scale. We do this through a platform combining the Duel software, our community of brand builders and our education around organic growth.
The Duel software is a Brand Advocacy Platform that drives organic growth and retention for high passion brands. The platform scales management of the brand’s relationship with thousands of their advocates through Advocacy Programs that engage, retain and drive word-of-mouth sales.
The platform combines different advocacy tools (including brand challenges, UGC, referrals, loyalty, affiliates and surveys), under one platform so brands can build rich, customer membership clubs and VIP programs with airline style ‘status’ tiers, groups and segmentation.
Founded by world-record breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador, Paul Archer, and viral games developer, Panaiotis Tsarouchis, the Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, King of Shaves, Frugi and Mud Jeans and has consulted with over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
Duel was featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category.
We are looking for a Junior Brand Marketing Enthusiast to join the team. Working with some of the best brands from all over the world, the role focuses on working with and expanding Duel’s community of brands by helping them understand the science behind organic growth and brand advocacy.
Working closely with the MD and community & network team, you will run workshops and masterclasses to assist and add value to the Duel community of brand builders. You will be training to eventually lead brands through the planning phase of their advocacy journey, as well as using your skills and knowledge to refresh the strategy of existing customers. You will work towards becoming a thought leader in the Brand Advocacy space and growing this nascent marketing category.
- Taking ownership to devise, grow and nurture the Duel community of Brand Builders
- Utilise experience building a brand to support in building out the Duel brand
- Work closely with the team and the Duel community to deliver effective thought-leadership pieces (written, audio, video) with support from the content team
- Research community issues to understand and address the needs of different customer groups.
- Use knowledge learned through working with brands to work closely with the product team to help drive Duel and the product forward
- Spread the word about brand advocacy and help the team create the category
- Refining the Duel Brand Story and expanding our community of brands
- You have an interest and understanding of what makes great brands, great
- You’ll be an utterly lovely human being with a personable, warm and inviting personality - you work well in a team and people generally want to be around you
- Excellent communication skills: proven ability to articulate ideas and concepts in written form, presentation form in both pre-planned and ad-hoc scenarios
- Understands how to leverage customer insight as a springboard of creativity to unlock growth
- Solutions-oriented approach; ability to pivot conversations and recommend creative solutions
- A creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table
- Very curious and aware, you follow interesting people & projects, and use them to inspire you
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with working for a notable retail, consumer or D2C brand in brand marketing/management
- Proven interest in all areas brand building
- Degree educated plus additional marketing qualification preferred
You will be joining an exciting startup that is revolutionising the marketing industry. The Duel software came out of a beta in March ‘20 and has grown 4x in the last 12 months with substantial growth planned for ‘21. As consumer behaviour changes, brands are looking for ways to amplify and tell their brand story through their most important asset - their customers. You will be instrumental in creating the category of Brand Advocacy marketing to allow brands to achieve this. You will have a strong hand in creating the playbook for creating & deploying Brand Advocacy Programs, that will be a key line of every brand's P&L in a couple years time. You will have the opportunity to own a part of this exciting business, as we pave the way for the next generation of marketing.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours and home working options - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- 25 days holiday (and we don’t really count) If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing.
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, cycle to work scheme
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- Competitive salary
- We’re on a mission to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about - in a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success, while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)
***Duel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know some folk tend to only apply for jobs when they meet all the criteria (Ladies, we’re looking at you) - if you think you might be able to do this role (or even grow into it), ping us your CV as we often pool CVs for other roles. Remember, if Kanye can think he’s qualified for the job of president of the United States, you’re probably going to be just fine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.***