We're looking for a grad to grow the Duel sales team
**UPDATE: Recruitment for this position is currently on hold. We will still be accepting applications but no interviews will be held until March 2019.
We are looking for smart, driven and tech-obsessed people to join our fast growing marketing tech startup and form the foundations of the first sales team. Responsibilities initially will include sourcing leads, developing proposals and working with clients. The aim being for you to build enough skills and knowledge around the company to lead you into sourcing and closing your own deals with brand partners.
This 12 month programme is aimed at graduate students who want to work in a fast paced environment with high exposure and the opportunity to grow. At the end of the 12 months, you will be closing enterprise deals with brands and retailers having been provided with the correct tools and methodologies to build your own rich pipeline.
These will be learned through working closely with the founders and the rest of the team at our offices in Borough.
Duel is an award-winning Customer Advocacy Marketing platform for brands and retailers that turns their most passionate customers into ambassadors & advocates. Our brand partners are your favourite brands. Our users are you, your friends and the influencers you follow. The product is an enterprise software platform, and clients vary from brands to retailers with a turnover of £20M and up.
Based in London and Bristol, the business is backed by Venture Capital and set for substantial growth in 2019.
THE TRAINING SCHEME WILL COVER
- Outbound sales
- How to source and build a pipeline of business with email, LinkedIn and other channels
- How to open doors, network and develop relationships with contacts
- How to qualify leads to ensure time is only spent on the most promising
- How to build a clear, concise proposal that gets approved by all levels
- How to build a follow-up sales and marketing deck
- Relationship building and networking
- Opportunity to attend many exclusive conferences and networking events
- Detailed understanding of the Duel product, how it works and how to sell it
- How to work with a development team to ensure new features and ideas are implemented
- How to use the company customer relationship management platform to track all your conversations so you never lose track of potential deals
- Market and Industry
- The brand and retail industry, how it works, how to navigate it
- Friendly, personable and empathetic – you are the kind of person who has a hunger to learn all about a person when you meet them. You ask questions and you genuinely have an interest in the answers
- A provable growth mindset, keen to learn and grow in everything you do
- A loyal team player – we’re a team and don’t want a lone wolf, we want someone who treats everyone else with respect and isn’t afraid to muck in on any project
- Positive – with you, the grass is always greener; the glass half full. And when it all goes wrong you can’t help but laugh
- Highly trustworthy with proactive and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to work in this dynamic and ever-evolving startup environment
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Tech-savvy with Word, Excel, or GSuite – comfortable picking up new interfaces on-the-fly
- Passion for the start-ups and the tech sector
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- We want to see that you’re the kind of person who is passionate about and involved in the things you love. These may include societies at uni, sports, social events, music… whatever you’re deeply passionate about
- Sales experience would be good, but not essential
- Proven ability to persuade people to do or buy in some form
- Flexible, positive, relaxed and fun, but absolutely driven to making the business a success
- Tech and process driven – we make tech, we love tech and we use tech to make our lives easier where possible
- We work with people we like, and we like the people we work with. This means after work drinks, happy hours, boozy lunches and good-natured wind-ups
- We’re trying to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about
WHAT WE OFFER
- Open plan, cool loft office in between Borough and Southwark (dogs welcome) with a well-stocked beer and gin fridge
- Flexible working hours and home working options (in fact, actively encouraged! Mums are welcome)
- Unlimited / Zero holiday policy. If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - Google Hangouts/Skype is a wonderful thing
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading / Audible budget
- Options scheme for all full-time employees – if you help us build the company, you should own some of it!
- Competitive salary (£22k base, £45k OTE)
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)