We're looking for a Psychology Guru & Avid Marketeer
We are looking for a psychology whiz with a passion for marketing to delve into the growing Duel team. You will play a key role in the creation of an entirely new marketing category - Customer Advocacy Marketing. Specifically, you will join Duel.Intelligence, our research and consultancy arm, where you will contribute to the development of our approach and research. You will then help capture the value created by this insight, using cutting edge digital marketing techniques to drive leads and ultimately sales.
You will work closely with the founders and will directly affect the success of the business. We will build a team around you as we grow. You will also contribute ideas and additions to the product.
Duel is an award-winning Customer Advocacy Marketing platform for brands and retailers that turns their most passionate customers into ambassadors & advocates. Our brand partners are your favourite brands. Our users are you, your friends and the influencers you follow. The product is an enterprise software platform, and clients vary from brands to retailers with a turnover of £20M and up.
Based in London and Bristol, the business is backed by Venture Capital and set for substantial growth in 2019.
- Create and optimise Duel’s inbound marketing strategy; exploring all avenues to generate qualified leads for the Sales Team to enact upon
- Develop our content strategy; defining what content means for Duel
- Assist in the running of our Adwords and SEO initiatives
- Research into our brand partners’ pain points and possible solutions
- Use your psychology knowledge to contribute to Duel Intelligence - a team dedicated to consulting brands based on the theories behind why customers shop the way they do
- Develop captivating content and our online presence
- Run longer term, more strategic projects that will bring a step-change in organic reach for Duel
- Analyze the metrics and ensure resources are used effectively and efficiently
- Drive traffic to our site and further convert to demos
- Maximise limited budgets to create unlimited buzz
- Help to build and manage an inbound marketing team over time
- Be an excellent writer, able to spot a compelling story and know exactly how to turn it into something our customers and the press want to talk about
- Completely process driven. You will A/B test your life and optimise ruthlessly
- Have a fine eye for what people care about and what genuinely useful content looks like
- Be hands-on, proactive and want to get things done quickly, but to a high standard
- Have ambitious ideas of what more we should be doing and you’re ready to take full ownership of content across owned and earned channels
- Have an interest in people and how they think/behave
- Be a creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table
- A background in psychology or a related field.
- You probably read a lot
- Understanding of psychological theory and practice
- Experience in Marketing preferred but not essential
- Passion for learning
- Experience in eCommerce and/or retail preferred but not required
- Passion for the start-ups and the tech sector
- Great at absorbing, processing and organising information
- Flexible, relaxed and fun, but absolutely driven to making the business a success
- Tech and process driven – we make tech, we love tech and we use tech to make our lives easier where possible
- We work with people we like, and we like the people we work with. This means after work drinks, happy hours, boozy lunches and good-natured wind-ups
- We’re trying to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about
WHAT WE OFFER
- Open plan, cool loft office in between Borough and Southwark (dogs welcome) with a well-stocked beer and gin fridge
- Flexible working hours and home working options (in fact, actively encouraged!)
- Unlimited / Zero holiday policy. If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - Skype is a wonderful thing.
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget
- Options scheme for all full-time employees – if you help us build the company, you should own some of it!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus package
To apply - please send us your CV and links of your work (blogs, press releases, campaign copy or any other written samples of your work) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)