We're looking for a Team Assistant to run our lives at Duel
Update (11 May 2018): This role has now been filled! We've hired Mia, who is a total legend. Thank you to everyone who applied and shared.
We are looking for an outgoing, hyper-organised team assistant to run our lives and office. Your job is to be the beating heart of the company, ensuring everything runs smoothly. You’ll be expected to work with autonomy and be the team’s go-to person.
You will be supporting a recently funded startup to scale and double in size in less than 12 months, with ability to grow within your role as well. To begin with, your responsibilities will include assisting the CEO, arranging small marketing events, office management, general operations and admin tasks.
You will work closely with the founders and the rest of the Duel team, and will directly affect the success of the business.
Duel is an award winning Customer Advocacy Marketing platform for brands and retailers that turns their most passionate customers into advocates. It then uses this advocacy to build emotional connection and make every element of their marketing, advertising, and eCommerce more effective. The product is an enterprise software platform, and clients vary from brands and retailers with a turnover of £20M and up.
Based in London and Bristol, the business is backed by Venture Capital and set for substantial growth in 2018.
- Assisting the CEO and sales operations
- Communicating with the wider team, clients, suppliers and investors
- Managing our recruitment process to help us find and hire top talent
- Organising and hosting regular client workshops, investor events and team days out
- Researching relevant industry events and supporting our Ops team with applications
- Managing our social media and sharing relevant blogs and articles with our partners
- Office management and other admin duties
- A loyal team player, a linchpin to the office and our team - someone who everyone comes to and isn’t afraid to muck in on any project
- Highly trustworthy with proactive and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise activities and managing ever changing schedules
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to work in this dynamic and ever-evolving startup environment
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Tech-savvy – comfortable picking up new interfaces on-the-fly
- Detail-oriented – you pay attention to the smallest details
- Passion for the start-ups and the tech sector
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Solid experience in similar roles (e.g. EA, PA, administration, events or office management)
- Experience in providing excellent administrative support
- Experience in eCommerce and/or retail preferred but not required
- Flexible, relaxed and fun, but absolutely driven to making the business a success
- Tech and process driven – we make tech, we love tech and we use tech to make our lives easier where possible
- We work with people we like, and we like the people we work with. This means after work drinks, happy hours, boozy lunches and good natured wind ups
- We’re trying to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about
WHAT WE OFFER
- Open plan, cool loft office in between Borough and Southwark (dogs welcome) with a well stocked beer and gin fridge
- Flexible working hours and home working options (in fact, actively encouraged! Mums are welcome)
- Unlimited / Zero holiday policy. If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - Google Hangouts / Skype is a wonderful thing
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work related or personal growth reading / Audible budget
- Options scheme for all full time employees – if you help us build the company, you should own some of it!
- Competitive salary (£24k to £30k per year)
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(No recruiters please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)