We're looking for a Superstar Marketer
Would you like to be the hero of our inbound marketing efforts? This could make you responsible for owning projects in any of the following: writing and managing content, working on client case studies, conducting research, managing our online presence, organising events and conferences, and more.
As a key employee in a small startup, you will have to be comfortable wearing a number of different hats. For the most part you'll be immersed in marketing with a healthy growth marketing attitude and be metrics driven to help bring amazing, qualified sales leads to our sales team.
You will work closely with the Founder, Sales and Marketing teams and will have every potential to directly impact the success of the business. You will also contribute ideas and additions to the product based on customer feedback.
Duel is an award-winning Customer Advocacy Marketing platform for brands and retailers that turns their most passionate customers into ambassadors & advocates. Our brand partners are your favourite brands. Our users are you, your friends and the influencers you follow. The product is an enterprise software platform, and clients vary from brands to retailers with a turnover of £20M and up.
Based in London and Bristol, the business is backed by Venture Capital and set for substantial growth in 2019.
- Contributing to Duel's inbound marketing strategy
- Developing Duel's content strategy and managing online presence
- Writing and creating captivating content (e.g. blogs, articles, one pagers etc.)
- Researching relevant industry topics, doing market and competitor research
- Working closely with the Sales team and supporting them with marketing and sales materials (e.g. custom brand decks, email copy, client activation campaigns etc.)
- Working closely with the Customer Success team and developing client case studies
- Helping organise and prepare for events and conferences (prospecting, outreach etc.)
- User testing new features of the Duel product and reporting back to the tech team
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTITUDE
- Excellent writing skills, able to spot and write a compelling story (ideally witty)
- Experience in content creation (be that presentations, website, blogs etc.)
- Process driven, interested in an A/B test approach and optimising accordingly
- Hands-on, proactive and wants to get things done quickly, but to a high standard
- Be a creative thinker who brings provocative and remarkable ideas to the table
- Solid organisational skills
- Hungry for deep knowledge and insight. We work in the Retail sector - you don’t have to have experience in it, but you need to dive right in and obsessively learn everything you can about it and our clients' problems
- Passion for technology and startups
- Mischievous take on life
- Flexible, relaxed and fun, but absolutely driven to making the business a success
- Tech and process driven – we make tech, we love tech and we use tech to make our lives easier where possible
- We work with people we like, and we like the people we work with. This means after work drinks, happy hours, boozy lunches and good natured wind ups
- We’re trying to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about
- Experience in working for an award winning and fast paced tech startup in eCommerce and retail industry, with one of the most agile technologies in the world
- Gaining a close and deep insight into business by working closely with the founders and the rest of our remarkable team (whilst also having fun!)
- Ability to contribute to Duel's success and see your ideas/projects come through quickly
- Be part of an incredible network and get exposure to some of the biggest brands and Duel partners in the world (such as Oracle, Publicis Groupe, Unilever etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Open plan, cool loft office in between Borough and Southwark (dogs welcome) with a well-stocked beer and gin fridge
- Flexible working hours and home working options
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading / Audible budget
- Options scheme for all full-time employees – if you help us build the company, you should own some of it!
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) and links to your work (blogs, articles or any other written samples of your work) to: email@example.com
(No recruiters please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)